Whether you’re searching for effective internals or an amazing keyboard, Lenovo laptop computers are both trusted and extremely ranked. Here at PCWorld, we’ve personally utilized and evaluated a variety of Lenovo laptop computers, from ThinkPads to Yogas and whatever in between.
While whatever on the list listed below has its advantages and disadvantages, there’s one laptop computer that actually stands apart from the rest. The Lenovo ThinkPad Carbon Gen 9 snatched our leading area due to the fact that of its spacious display screen, outstanding keyboard, and peaceful operation, however the Lenovo Yoga 9i and IdeaPad Slim 7 Carbon likewise wowed us in current evaluations, with both making areas listed below.
Read on to read more, and make sure to visit our guide to the very best laptop computers total if you wish to browse the best of the best from every note pad maker.
Updated 08/ 2/2022 Check out our most current evaluation of the Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 7 We didn’t include it in our best-of list due to its high cost, however if you can manage it, it still makes a perfect 2-in-1 for work and travel. We likewise examined the Lenovo Legion 5 Pro video gaming laptop computer, which uses a lots of connection.
1. Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9– Best total
- Roomy 16: 10 screen
- Thin and light yet rugged
- Stellar keyboard
- Quiet operation
- Booming audio
- Two Thunderbolt 4 ports
- Webcam restricted to 720 p
- Display color is a bit cool
ThinkPads are typically hailed as being incredible company laptop computers due to the fact that of their comfy keyboards and quiet operation. With its peaceful keyboard, security functions, and growing audio, the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9 is one such laptop computer. It’s loading a quad-core Core i7-1185 G7, 16 GB of RAM, and incorporated Iris Xe graphics. That suggests it’s fully equipped to manage “Office and other efficiency apps” and “a range of multitasking situations.” The genuine star of the program is the 16: 10 screen, however, as it provides you a lot of space to deal with. If you consider yourself a service expert, you’ll certainly wish to choose this one up.
Read our complete Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 9 evaluation
2. Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 7 14 IIL0582 A4000 MUS– Best budget plan
- Facial and finger print biometrics
- Dolby Atmos noise
- Thunderbolt 3 port
- Discrete graphics
- Middling battery life
- Pedestrian style
The Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 7 has a lot to provide. Not just is it cost effective (well under a grand), however it likewise includes discrete graphics. That’s a quite distinct mix right there. In between the Core i5 processor and the discrete Nvidia GeForce MX350, you can anticipate a great quantity of performance power out of this device. It can deal with “Office and everyday PC tasks with ease.” And, just like many Lenovo laptop computers, the keyboard is an outright dream to type on. According to our tester, “the secrets themselves use lots of travel and keystrokes feel stylish and springy.” Battery life is average, however aside from that, it’s a terrific laptop computer for all of the functions you’re getting.
Read our complete Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 7 14 IIL0582 A4000 MUS evaluation
3. Lenovo Yoga 9i 14 (2022)– Best convertible and finest style
- Sturdy and smooth all-metal chassis
- Long battery life
- Impressive audio output
- Comfortable keyboard
- 16:9 screen feels confined
- Included stylus is too slim
- Undersized touchpad
- Limited ports all on left side
The Lenovo Yoga 9i is a great convertible. It has an appealing style, a stunning OLED screen, and excellent sound quality. Plus, the 12 th-gen Intel processor actually improves efficiency. According to our tester, the processor “loads 4 efficiency cores and 8 effectiveness cores.” That’s a fair bit of power. The 74 watt-hour battery is rather big for a compact 2-in-1. When we put the laptop computer through our battery test, it passed away in about 12 hours. You can anticipate this laptop computer to last through the work day. There’s a couple of small nitpicks to be conscious of. The 19:9 element ratio makes the screen feel a bit squished and the touchpad is smaller sized than we like. If you can cope with those little disadvantages, the Yoga 9i is well worth thinking about.
Read our complete Lenovo Yoga 9i 14 (2022) evaluation
4. Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Nano 20 UN000 EUS– Most portable
- Perfect balance of efficiency and battery life
- Premium keyboard
- Facial acknowledgment and existence detection
- Weighs less than 2 pounds
- Only 2 ports (Thunderbolt 4, a minimum of)
- No touchscreen on this specific SKU
If you’re searching for all-day battery life, you’ve pertained to the best location. The Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Nano lasted about sixteen hours throughout our battery test, in which we looped 4K video. That’s quite excellent for a 48- Watt-hour battery. And, weighing simply shy of 2 pounds, the Nano is likewise shockingly light-weight. In our evaluation, the tester “liked carrying it around” from space to space. If you’re trying to find a portable laptop computer with great battery life, the Nano is an excellent choice.
Read our complete Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Nano 20 UN000 EUS evaluation
5. Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5– Best Chromebook
- Attractive style
- Punchy audio
- Excellent keyboard
- Mediocre efficiency
- Subpar battery life
If you choose utilizing Chrome OS over anything else, you’ll wish to take a look at Lenovo’s Chromebook Flex 5. It has a 1080 p IPS display screen, a responsive keyboard, and an Intel Core i3-1011 U processor. Personally, I like Chromebooks due to the fact that they’re mainly infection totally free and they make excellent efficiency makers. While the Flex 5 isn’t the most effective laptop computer worldwide, the “processor is a cut above the Pentium- and Celeron-powered devices that offer in the $200 to $300 variety.” The 13- inch touchscreen screen likewise produces sharp visuals and can swing around 360- degrees. The reality that this Chromebook is a convertible makes it far more flexible.
Read our complete Lenovo Chromebook Flex 5 evaluation
6. Lenovo Flex 5G– Best battery life
- Blisteringly quick 5G information speeds
- Bright FHD display screen
- Incredibly long battery life
- IR facial acknowledgment and finger print reader
- Middling efficiency
- Limited Verizon 5G protection
- No USB Type-A ports
- Shallow keyboard
When it concerns the Lenovo Flex 5G laptop computer, there’s a lot to like. It has blazingly quick 5G information speeds, a brilliant FHD display screen, and incredibly long battery life. What more can you request? When we put the Flex 5G through our battery test, which mimics real-world usage, it lasted a massive 27 hours. While that’s all well and good, the laptop computer weighs around 3 pounds, as it requires more area to house the enormous 60 Watt-hour battery. That implies it’s will not weigh down your knapsack, however it’s not the lightest ultraportable laptop computer around. The Arm-based Qualcomm Snapdragon processor likewise can encounter some software application compatibility issues with applications that do not originate from the Microsoft Store in Windows. That stated, if you stick mainly to web browser and Office-type work and focus on all the time battery life with on-the-go mobile connection, the Flex 5G is a terrific laptop computer.
Read our complete Lenovo Flex 5G evaluation
7. Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2– Best keyboard
- Keyboard feels terrific to type on
- Anti-glare screen works well in sunshine
- Ethernet and HDMI ports integrated in
- Trackpad might be smoother and bigger
- Mediocre battery life
- Thick and heavy style
If you require a standard service laptop computer, the Lenovo ThinkPad E13 is an excellent choice. It comes geared up with an Intel Core i5-1135 G7 processor, Iris Xe graphics, 16 GB of RAM, and a 256 GB SSD. The 14- inch 1080 p IPS matte surface display screen shows up in direct sunshine, however the “300- nit brightness level is on the dim side for a higher-end laptop computer.” The keyboard uses a lot of tactile feedback and the port choice varies. The ThinkPad E14 does remarkably well under much heavier loads, too. That stated, the trackpad is a bit little and battery life is fairly unimpressive. These tradeoffs do not come as a surprise, however, as the E14 is an entry-level design.
Read our complete Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 evaluation
8. Lenovo ThinkBook 14 s Yoga– Best mid-range
- Durable, yet light aluminum chassis
- Strong efficiency application efficiency
- Comfortable keyboard
- Thunderbolt 4 assistance
- Below-average battery life (about 7 hours)
- Display is dim, and 16:9 element ratio isn’t perfect for performance
- Runs a little warm
If you’re dealing with a tight spending plan, the Lenovo ThinkBook 14 s Yoga is a more budget-friendly alternative. It provides strong mid-range efficiency like workplace performance jobs, web surfing, video conferencing, and so on. Like many Lenovo laptop computers, the keyboard feels “stylish and peaceful when pushed.” It’s an excellent keyboard for long typing sessions, that’s for sure. There are a couple of compromises. According to our tester, the Yoga runs a bit warm and battery life is less-than-stellar. We handled to eject about 7 hours on a single charge, which is far from a totally work day. The 1080 IPS touchscreen display screen is quite dim, too.
Read our complete Lenovo ThinkBook 14 s Yoga evaluation
9. Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 7 Carbon– Best cost effective OLED display screen
- 2.8 K OLED screen is stunning
- Booming audio
- Quiet operation
- Strong application and multimedia efficiency
- So-so keyboard
- Lid is so thin it bends a bit excessive
- Below-average battery life
From zippy multimedia efficiency to punchy audio, the Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 7 Carbon has a lot to provide. The genuine star of the program is the 14- inch 2880- by-1800 OLED display screen. According to the customer, “the contrast is exceptional, with the inmost blacks and brightest whites.” When it comes to colors, they’re “precise and significantly lively.” The screen is an ideal suitable for innovative experts who do a great deal of image modifying. In addition to the sensational panel, it likewise weighs simply a little over 2 pounds, making it a capable travel laptop computer. There are a couple of small imperfections. The keyboard isn’t the very best and battery life is less-than-stellar. We feel the pros truly surpass the cons here.
Read our complete Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 7 Carbon evaluation
How we checked
The PCWorld group puts each and every Windows laptop computer through a series of standards that evaluate GPU and CPU efficiency, battery life, and so on. The concept is to press the laptop computer to its limitations and after that compare it versus others we’ve evaluated. Chromebooks, on the other hand, go through a series of web-based tests. It would not be reasonable or possible to run the exact same sort of tests on a Chromebook, as they’re Chrome OS-based devices. Listed below, you’ll discover a breakdown of each test and the reasons that we run them.
Windows laptop computers
- PCMark 10: PCMark 10 is how we figure out how well the laptop computer manages lighter jobs like web surfing, data processing, spreadsheets, and so on.
- HandBrake: HandBrake is more extensive than PCMark10 It essentially determines for how long a laptop computer’s CPU requires to encode a sturdy 30 GB file.
- Cinebench: Cinebench is a quick tension test of the CPU cores. It does this by rendering a 2D scene over a brief amount of time.
- 3DMark: 3DMark checks if 3D efficiency stays constant with time by running graphic-intensive clips.
- Video rundown test: To determine battery life, we loop a 4K video utilizing Windows 10’s Movies & & television app till the laptop computer passes away.
- CrXPRT 2: The CrXPRT 2 criteria checks a Chromebook’s battery life.
- Speedometer 2.0: This test identifies a Chromebook’s web internet browser efficiency. It replicates this by including, finishing, and getting rid of an order of business.
- Basemark Web 3.0: This benchmark determines how well a Chromebook can deal with web-based applications.
What sort of laptop computer should you get?
Ah, here we are at the billion dollar concern. Do you spring for a fundamental Chromebook or choose a Windows laptop computer with more functions? Well, it truly depends upon your individual way of life and what you intend on utilizing your laptop computer for. Chromebooks are a terrific low expense choice for those who simply desire the essentials. I utilize a Chromebook as my main work laptop computer, as it has whatever I require for both modifying and writing. If you take a trip a lot for work, it’s most likely an excellent concept to purchase a laptop computer with strong battery life. If you’re still not sure, do not sweat it. I’ve assembled a list of fast ideas listed below.
- Laptop type: The very first concern you need to ask yourself is what sort of laptop computer you’re trying to find. There’s standard clamshells, 2-in-1’s, Chromebooks, and far more. The display screens on convertible laptop computers (aka 2-in-1’s), for instance, can swing around 360 degrees. This enables you to utilize the laptop computer like a tablet. They can likewise be propped up like a camping tent for seeing motion pictures or taking part in video calls. Chromebooks, on the other hand, solely run Google’s web-focused Chrome OS and are usually utilized for daily jobs. All you require is a Gmail account and boom, you’re in. There are advantages and disadvantages to each of them. Chromebooks are cost effective and normally have excellent battery life whereas convertibles are generally light-weight and portable.
- CPU: If it’s CPU power you’re looking for, try to find processors with greater mathematical names. A Core i7 is more fit to video gaming and more extreme work than daily jobs. Intel processors are offered in Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, and Core i9. The greater the number, the more effective the CPU. If you do not require a lots of power, Intel Core i5 processors are your best choice, as they use excellent efficiency at a good cost. Fundamental workplace and web work gets along simply great on a Core i3. When it comes to AMD alternatives, the Ryzen 3 benefits fundamental efficiency and web surfing, while Ryzen 5 chips competing Intel’s Core i5 as strong all-arounders. If you require more power, the Ryzen 7 chip is well matched for material production like video modifying. If you’re dealing with 4K video, spring for a Ryzen 9.
- Graphics: You’ll desire a discrete graphics card for hardcore video gaming or modifying videos. It’s different from the processor, so you can anticipate greater efficiency out of it. Integrated graphics, on the other hand, are connected to the CPU and utilizes less power as an outcome. This is completely great for daily jobs, specifically if you’re refraining from doing anything that’s graphics-intensive.
- RAM: 8GB of RAM is zippy enough for basic usage. If you’ve got a video gaming laptop computer, 16 GB of RAM is the method to go, and material developers will desire a lot more.
- Display size: If you’re a video editor or somebody who does a great deal of multimedia work, you’ll desire a display screen that’s anywhere from 15- to 17- inches. The sweet area is truly anywhere from 13- to 14- inches. The larger the screen, the much heavier your laptop computer is going to be. A 13- or 14- inch screen is the very best in regards to mobility and worth.
- Battery life: If you intend on taking your laptop computer anywhere with you, go for something that can last 10 to 12 hours on a single charge. That’s more than a complete work day, so it needs to in theory get you through long flights or a day of classes. Clearly, more is constantly much better. Feel in one’s bones that the larger the battery, the much heavier the laptop computer.
- Price: The cost truly depends upon your budget plan. If you’re strapped for money (existed, believe me), choose a Chromebook or an entry-level service laptop computer. These laptop computers are great options for trainees or young experts. If you can manage to invest more, the flexibility of a 2-in-1 laptop computer is actually worth it.
- Ports: A broad range of ports is constantly a plus in my book, as it gets rid of the requirement for an adapter. I ‘d suggest a laptop computer that has both USB-C and USB-A. An HDMI port is excellent, too. This is particularly helpful for when you wish to attach to an external screen.
Can you likewise video game on a Lenovo laptop computer?
It primarily depends upon the kind of GPU your Lenovo laptop computer comes geared up with. Usually, Lenovo laptop computers are intended more for the expert company and work crowd, so they do not tend to concentrate on GPU efficiency. They prefer performance operations and for that reason concentrate on enhancing CPU efficiency, toughness, and adaptability of usage in their style.
Most most likely, your Lenovo laptop computer will come geared up with some kind of integrated graphics instead of the more robust discrete graphics required for video gaming. This does not imply you can’t do some video gaming on them, however it isn’t their meant usage and if video gaming is a top priority, it may be best to look in other places.
Can incorporated graphics be utilized for video gaming?
Yes, a few of the most recent processors with integrated graphics can run contemporary PC video games at good settings. Intel’s newest Iris Xe line of processors with integrated graphics have actually been revealed to run some of the newest video games at 1080 p and 30 fps. Fortunately, it appears that Lenovo prefers the Iris Xe, and we have actually seen numerous brand-new designs come geared up with these brand-new line of integrated graphics. Beware, nevertheless, as not all incorporated graphics depend on the job.
Intel– and even AMD’s– integrated graphics have actually made substantial leaps in the last few years with regard to video gaming efficiency. If you’re in the market for a brand-new Lenovo and you desire to do some video gaming on the side, with the most current integrated graphics you do not have to compromise one for the other. We advise having a look at Intel’s Core 12 th-gen Iris Xe or AMD’s brand name brand-new Ryzen 6000 RDNA 2.
What size laptop computer is finest?
This is actually individual choice. If you mean to take a trip a lot with your Lenovo laptop computer then a smaller sized, more portable size in the area of 13 to 14 inches is advised. If you wish to likewise see motion pictures or require a big touchscreen on a Lenovo laptop computer, then you must search for something in the 15 to 17 inch variety. Keep in mind the weight of the laptop computer prior to you purchase it. Ultra thin designs or 2-in-1s can weigh a featherlight 2 pounds while long lasting high-processing makers top the scales at 3 or 4 times that.